Thursday, June 11, 2009

The little things

I was just contemplating this the other day and realized that I haven't really written about a normal day. I've written about acheivements and funnies, but not the average day.

So, our day usually starts between 7:15 and 9 am depending on how long the kids sleep. We get up and watch PBS kids while we eat breakfast--usually Eggo waffles, or cereal. Then I either do my daily chore or sit down and read blogs and email while the kids play and watch Word World. Then we finally get ready and dressed for the day, unless I get them up and immediately dress them. Then it always seems to be almost lunch time, so we continue the mornings activities and then eat lunch. After lunch we either run errands or go outside for a quick walk before nap time. While Kade sleeps I either work more on the house or play with Kaila. When Kade wakes up, we usually go outside and ride bikes, go on car or wagon rides and such until it is time to start dinner. Dave gets home in time for dinner and then we try to relax and do things around the house.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to share my day was because it is all the little things throughout the day that make each one special--like Kaila going and playing the piano and singing as loudly as she can, Kade following you around and laughing when you laugh or screaming when you scream or Kaila screams, Kaila and Kade chasing each other around the kitchen and family room, Kade and how he eats stuff off the floor under his chair if you don't watch him carefully, how both kids practically run Dave over when he gets home, dancing with both kids, sitting down and reading books with them, Kade annoying Kaila and taking her toys because he's finally big enough to, spending the evenings working on the basement and seeing it take shape as almost liveable area, even the sound of the air conditioner or heater running, the wind blowing through the trees and the sound the leaves make when I am outside working in the garden, Kaila going "AAHHHH!" when she sneezes instead of asking for a tissue, and toys being everywhere all over the house.

O.k., so that's probably too long of a list, but there are so many other little things, that won't always be there as we grow and change, so I decided I better learn to appreciate them now.

As an addition to the post, though, Kade has learned how to climb--on EVERYTHING!!! I had to save him from falling off the toilet yesterday. UGH!! He has also learned how to say "Uh-oh". The first time he did, he had knocked over his sippy cup. He says it so cute, though, because he doesn't sustain the sound between the words and it ends up coming out more like "Ah. O." Kaila thinks it is just the coolest thing and everytime he has said it since, which has been a LOT, she says "Kade, says 'uh-oh' again!" He also says cracker and teeth. It's just exciting to hear every new word.

1 comment:

  1. Cute insights. It IS fun to watch them grow. I was watching my girl and wondering when she learned to just talk like a person and act so grown up...! It goes fast!

    ReplyDelete