Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tennessee

So after 3 days of driving, we finally made it to Tennessee. We traveled through 8 different states to get here, unless you count Utah as one of them, then it would be 9 -- Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, then Tennessee. About halfway through Wyoming, Willy Wind came to visit. (That's what Kaila calls the wind.) He blew us all over the road until we were well into Missouri.

For all of those people who think Nebraska lasts forever, well, all I have to say is at least it's Green! Wyoming takes forever and is as dull and brown and gray and boring as can be.

I can also tell you that tornado warning sirens are really annoying in the middle of the night!! We were on the 3rd and top floor of our hotel in the middle of a major thunderstorm on the side of town where the worst of the storm was passing! When I called the front desk to find out if there was a siren going off, I was told that we might have to leave our rooms and go down to the 1st floor hallway within the hour. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep until after the sirens shut down 1/2 hour later. Then I had a bizarre dream about a tornado made of corn kernels, which turned out to be scentsy wax pellets, hitting our house, the news crew from channel 2 showing up and then the Scentsy lady coming and apologizing for the storm of wax pellets, that she then started scooping up into little containers.

Oh and did I mention it was really HOT and HUMID!! So coming from cold and dry Utah we were melting every time we had to get out of the car. It is so humid, in fact, that some of the books we brought for the kids are now warped.

You can definitely tell when you reach Missouri, though, because it gets even more green and the trees start to get really dense. It was almost claustrophobic! Even Dave thought so. Luckily the dense trees were broken up by small stretches of open land. So here are a few pictures of our trip, thus far.


We found it!! Easy Street!! Unfortunately, it wasn't in the direction we needed to go.


Tunnel vision!!






Downtown Nashville. We were already in the city limits when I took this picture, just to give you an idea of how big it is.

1 comment:

  1. Been to Nashville, big place. Bars were the only places we could see downtown. Opryland and the huge hotel were fun to walk through.
    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete