Kade is so cute! The other night, while I was gone to scout committee meeting, he was tired and had both kids to watch. Usually when this happens he just lays on the carpet and lets the kids play on or around him. Kaila was off doing something on her own, but Kade just couldn't resist the temptation of playing with Daddy. So he crawled over and started giving Dave kisses. He just kept giving him kisses until Dave couldn't take the slobber-fest anymore. Something you should understand about Kade's kisses, though, is that he generally leaves his mouth open and sometimes will even taste you while giving kisses. Something else cute, though, is that he will usually give kisses when you are leaving, coming home, or when he wants you to do something or give him something that you have. When I got home, I got a whole bunch of kisses too, AND when we put Kaila to bed later, he walked up to her bed and gave her kisses goodnight. Hmmm....wonder if it was just the upcoming holiday that put him in such a kissable mood.
As for Kaila, we are really trying to work with her on correct pronunciation of words, but she still has a hard time remembering sometimes. Just the other day I asked her if she wanted to help me mix dinner together (meatloaf) and she was so excited, but she said "get pooh-prin!" When she walked over to where I hang the aprons, I finally figured out what she was saying.
Oh thought for the day, while I'm thinking about it......Never leave your phone in the freezer, it hurts your ears when you have to answer it the next time you find it. O.k. so I know you are all wondering where that came from, so here is the story. I made a huge batch of cookies, rolled them into balls and put them on a tray to freeze. Normally we just buy the Otis Spunkmeyer ones at Costco, but mom made me feel guilty that I could make them cheaper, so this was the first batch. When I finished putting them all on the tray I took them downstairs to our big chest freezer to freeze. I had the phone hanging from my pocket at the time. We have a basket in the freezer that I had to move to put the cookies in the freezer. Because of all the work we have been doing in the basement, there is a bunch of carpet pad in front of the freezer that I was kneeling on top of and put the basket next to me. I think what happened is that when I put the basket back in that it lifted the phone off of my pocket. About 4 or 5 hours later I was searching for the phone because it was starting to get annoying having to get the kitchen or bedroom phone to answer calls. I tried the handset locate like 4 times, but because of the way our phones are all 3 of them beep. Next I tried the phone to phone intercom, but the phone you call from also rings. I thought I had heard it in the basement, but I looked everywhere and the sound was so faint I thought that it must be upstairs somewhere. Finally, I had to unplug the batteries on the two other phones and use the locate. I had searched everywhere upstairs and down, but decided to try where I had heard it in the basement. By the time I got down the stairs I realized that the only other place that I had been and that the phone could be was over by the freezer. I thought it had fallen down in the carpet padding, but nope! It was in the freezer in the basket! So word to the wise, don't try to freeze your phone.
As for a general update, the basement is coming along nicely, we have the last 2 rooms framed in and all of the outlets in and we should have our next inspection tomorrow. After that we get to drywall!!! Yea, maybe.....we are so close to being done, but still have lots to do. Justin, my cousin, did a fantastic job on the framing! Once we put up the drywall, though, we are going to be done for a while. We just wanted the areas to be warmer and functional. We will mud and tape and paint and put in a drop ceiling later. For now here are a few pictures. Oh yeah, we also got new carpet upstairs (the plush, soft, super squishy, you can fall asleep on kind) and will soon have new south facing windows. YEA!!
5 days ago
Wow. Much info. You should update more often... :)
ReplyDeleteI woudl agree that freezing your phone is probably bad............
Looks like it's coming along nicely! I look forward to seeing it in June :)
ReplyDelete