You really have to be careful as a parent with young children. They will imitate everything that you do.....even the stuff you don't want them to.
If you know anything about me, you know that I am a lot like my mom when I drive. I like to talk to the people on the road, especially when they irritate me (of course, they can't hear me, but it makes me feel better about their driving inabilities). So anyway, the other night Kaila was driving the little ride on car we have around the kitchen and family room. Dave started to unload the dishwasher, which effectively blocks the pathway around that end of the kitchen. When Kaila came around the corner of the island and found her way blocked, she started yelling "Get out om my way!!" and started honking the horn on the car (a little squeaky thing). Hmmm. I guess I better start yelling nice things to the people on the road.
Meanwhile, Kade is showing how much he wants to be like us in EVERYTHING!! He wants to help put stuff in the oven, the dishwasher detergent in the dishwasher, the clothes in the dryer, etc. He also is determined to go down the stairs like we do and his little short legs just aren't long enough to do it safely. He knows the mechanics, but the execution is a little dangerous, so we have started going down the stairs like we want him to and it has helped. He has an astounding memory and will do something days later that you have done. Like the other day, I was patting on the wall at the bottom of the stairs trying to get Kaila to come to me and go upstairs. Now everytime he is down there he will pause briefly and pat the wall.
He also loves to imitate the sounds we make. Dave was coughing the other day because he's swallowed down the wrong tube. A few minutes later, Kade coughed the exact same way. He will also bark, growl, gurgle, laugh, and try to talk. I think he said "tickle, tickle, tickle" the other night. It was cute.
A couple other things, Never leave a child to get themselves dressed in a room full of their clothes. I left Kaila perfectly matched, appropriate for the weather clothes to put on yesterday and then went outside to water the garden. When she finally made it outside, she had on a long sleeve shirt, the fleece hoodie jacket that matched (Cinderella, turquoise-blue), purple capri's with white scallop edged legs, and her snow boots. I really should have gotten a picture, but oh well. --One of her favorite friends lives right next door and she constantly asks to go play with Eeba (Ava). Ava's mom is Jessica and I have told Kaila that if she needs anything when she is over there to ask Jessica. Well, she doesn't quite say her full name and has called to "Sicca" (Sick-a) quite a few times!
We finished putting up the last of the large pieces of drywall yesterday. Now all we have left is around the windows, and a couple of short pieces above doorways and some short walls. WHEW!!! It's been quite a project, but it feels really good to be so close to being done. Our garden is growing really well, and we have a pepper the size of a golf ball, green beans flowering, tomato flowers, cucumber flowers, and a whole bunch of corn!! We are really excited!
5 days ago
Kids are far too honest, aren't they??
ReplyDelete