Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remiss in updates

It seems I have been remiss in updating the blog recently, so this is going to be a quick post to remedy that.

Kade is learning so fast and just growing up right before our eyes. He just recently started saying "hot", only it comes out more like "dot" because he can't quite get the 'h' sound. So cute. He also has added "bye" and "turn around" to his vocabulary. I haven't heard him say "bye", but Mom and Rhylie did. "Turn around" comes from the constant repetition to him when we are going down the stairs to "TURN AROUND!!" because he thinks he can walk down the stairs like we do instead of "sliding" down on his belly.

Kaila is growing up too and says some of the funniest things sometimes. I definitely have to agree with Tanya that kids seem to think of things that you never would have even remotely glanced over in your thoughts. The other night it was my turn to say the family prayer and I guess it got a little long because Kaila said, "Mommy, say 'Jesus'!" We have really worked with her on this, so that she says "Jesus" and not "Cheese-us". Anyway, she was so adamant that I finished the prayer so I could laugh. As we were getting ready to leave a couple days ago, I told her to get her shoes on. She actually went to put them on, but then stopped. "EWWW!! Kade dribble my shoe!!" I guess Kade had gotten to her shoes and had picked one of them up with his drooly hands. This has become one of her favorite expressions too, especially for Kade's drool!! "EWWW!" Finally, just today we picked up Rhylie from school and then went to the library to pick up some books that had come in for me and Dave. The library is right next to the high school soccer field and, of course, the high school boys team was out in the field. It wasn't until we were leaving the parking lot that she noticed them. "Mommy, Look!! Naked!!" "Make what?" Aunt Rhylie "No, she said 'naked'." Me - "Oh, Naked. No, they aren't.......well, I guess they are kind of....." A. Rhylie breaking into my giggling explanation - "You just tell them to put on a shirt." Kaila yelling out the open windows of the car as we drive past - "PUT ON A SHIRT!!"

Boy, it never occured to me that they were half naked.......Gotta love it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she is going to be just like her Grandma Dawn, yelling things out of cars. I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! At least it isn't from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana,
    Karyn says you want an invite to our blog... email me at melharvey1@hotmail.com and I'll send you an invite. Hope things are going well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete