Friday, April 16, 2010

My baby is no longer

I now have an official little boy! I just can't believe how fast time flies. Kaila was watching some home videos the other day and I just couldn't believe how little he once was. Now I have an all-out run and jump, pull myself up onto everything, climbing, get into trouble, fall a lot little boy. Although, I have to admit that he is still a mommies boy and loves to cuddle, which I am sooooo grateful for. Recently, I have been a bit more emotional about my two little kids and have wanted to hold them longer so I can remember these days when they wanted me to hold them.

Anyway, Kade had a marvelous birthday. We rode "Thomas" down to SLC and went to the Discovery Gateway. He had a BALL!!! Literally, he loved the ball area. He had tons of fun with the building blocks. There was a new area that had just opened the night before about archaeology and pictograms that had a "sand" pit where you could dig out Indian arrowheads and such. The sand was actually cork board, but we all had fun playing in it. We ended up buying a membership because we all liked it so much.

That night we gave him his big present because we needed the compressor to blow it up and didn't want to distract from his birthday party the next night. Both the kids are loving it! It's great for me too because if it is too yucky to go outside, I can have them jump in the Jump-o-lene and wear them out.



His birthday was great and he even stayed in nursery for about 15 minutes without me there! Of course it was snack time and they were having his favorite cereal, fruit loops, but hey, I'll take it! He loved his cake and had to be told to wait for the cars. He tried to blow out the candles, but cousin Trent had to help in the end. He is thoroughly enjoying all of his presents and is spending more time playing with his toys instead of getting into trouble. He is talking so much and amazes us more and more each day with new words and phrases. Oh! I think the biggest surprise of his birthday, though, was for everyone who came when he very clearly said "Kaila". He has tried saying her name before, but it was the first time he said it so clear that there could be no mistaking what he had said. His new favorite song is "The Wheels on the Bus", which we discovered while singing it in the car on the way home from somewhere. He will even sing along. Of course, though, his all-time favorite is still "Peanut, peanut butter, and Jelly" or honey, whichever is on the menu for that days' lunch.

As for the rest of us, we are doing great. We removed the boulders from our backyard and put in a hill instead because we had voles move in over the winter and I wanted to try something natural before any kind of chemical or other after what happened to that family in Layton. I know, it seems a bit extreme, but we hated the rocks anyway. We LOVE the new hill and so do the kids.

I am having a ton of fun with cub scouts and even got recruited to be on the roundtable committee. I've almost earned my den leader award and have earned my religious knot for being a leader. I also found out that I get to wear the youth square knot because I completed my Young Women's personal progress when I was a youth. We are working on the 2010 badges with the boys so they can earn the patch and the ribbons to go with it. I went to a program called "Little Philmont" that just entirely motivated me and helped me get re-energized about scouting, so that's why I am so excited.

O.k. I forgot, but I needed to add a few funnies. Dave was getting the kids into the bath a few weeks ago and filled up the tub and then left to get towels and jammies and such. When he went back in the bathroom, he found Kade in the tub fully dressed. On a walk the other day I made Kade smell some flowers. When we were walking away, I said "It's pretty, huh" and Kade said "it's pwetty." Mom's home teachers came over and Kaila announced that it was the "Holy teachers." Our new washer sings when you turn it on or when it is done. Kade will come running from wherever he is to "help" when he hears it go off. The other day and today, I put him in a short sleeve shirt. When he put his one arm through, he stopped moving and looked at his arm and the sleeve and had a puzzled look on his face. When he put his other arm through, he did the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment