Thursday, July 1, 2010

A few tidbits

I can't believe it!! I just listened to Kade repeat the alphabet with Alpha Pig on "Super Why". He also amazed us just a few weeks ago by counting to 5 and possibly 10. He still isn't understandable enough to be sure about the 10, but it sure sounded like he did with a little prompting after 5 ( I had to say "6" and "8"). He is still a super busy boy and definitely ALL boy, but such a mommy's boy that it's annoying sometimes. He can definitely be a Cling-on, but when he wraps his little arms around my neck and pats my shoulders, I can't help but melt and know that I need to enjoy this time while it lasts.

Kaila is having a ton of fun this summer being part of Annie Jr. She is just one of the orphans and the youngest cast member, but she is having a TON of fun. It's really cute to hear her singing the songs around the house.

I didn't get to write these stories here on the blog before, so enjoy the trip back in time. On the way to her dance recital in May she pipes up from the back seat despairing, "I didn't brush my teeth!" Dave tells her, "That's o.k. Just use your tongue." He then shows her what he means. She then disgustedly tells him, "My tongue doesn't have toothpaste on it!!"

On vacation, just after we entered Missouri we passed a huge pond. Kaila excitedly announces, "I want to go to the big pond!!" We can't. We need to hurry and get where we're going so we can go swimming. "But I want to go swim in the big pond and turn into a mermaid and see Mermaidia." It's really amazing to see her imagination taking off!! It sometimes makes me feel bad that I feel like I don't have a good imagination anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment