Monday, August 9, 2010

"He looks like a DUDE!"

So today has been quite the day! I finally decided to cut Kade's hair because it was getting WAY too long and hanging in his eyes. He HATES getting his hair cut at the barber salon, but last time we were there they used the clippers and he didn't mind those so much. So we got out our clippers and attempted to cut his hair. Needless to say, I still had to sit on his lap with my one leg to get him to hold still. Once he got used to them, though, he was pretty o.k.

But as his lovely long sandy-blonde hair fell, the more I wondered if I should have just taken him to the salon anyway. I was actually close to tears after I got done because even with the longest attachment, his hair is SOOOOOO short!! I was sad enough that I kept a section of his hair to remember it by.

Anyway, I sent pictures of his new do to mom at work and when she called later Kaila answered the phone. Here's how the conversation went: K - Hi Nana! D - Hey Kaila. What did you do to Kade's hair?! K- I didn't shave it! D - You didn't shave it? Well, who did? K- MOMMY!!

After dinner was over and I was just sitting finishing my last couple of bites and Kade wanted to be held. When I put him in my lap he immediately laid back and put his head on Kaila's stool next to me. Kaila didn't like this and tried to sit on his head, but I prevailed in getting her sat down and her being o.k. with Kade's head in her lap. Then she started to play with his hair and push the front part up so that it was sticking up. Then she said, "He looks like a DUDE!"


Hey! This dolly's hair got stuck on my sucker!!


Look at all that long hair!



This summer we have kept busy with Kaila and Rhylie being part of the cast for "Annie Jr." Kaila was the youngest orphan, but can quote the whole opening scene through the song "Hard Knock Life" and on to the next scene. Just amazing!! Rhylie was cast in the part of Lily St. Regis and had a ball playing it. She also got to play a bum in the song "Hooverville".






"Hot mush? YUCK!!" "No, not hot mush.....COLD mush" "AWWW!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kade looks all grown up now. Nice pictures of the girls in the play. Loved it, glad I was there. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what your grandparents said, the play was quite a hit! :) I'm glad they got to do it!
    Kade still looks adorable. I know what you mean. I cried when we cut off Hunter's curls. Now I'm begging to keep his hair short. :)

    ReplyDelete