Sunday, September 19, 2010

One really, really LONG post

O.k. so I know I have been extremely remiss in updating the blog, so here is one really, really long post to play catch up.

We'll start with a few funnies. On Kaila's first day of tumbling class, we dropped off Kade at Grandma's house before we went. It was a really windy day and when I got back in the car I said to Kaila, "I better not roll down the windows too much or we'll get blown away." She pipes up, "We won't get blown away. We have our seatbelts on!" Then a minute later, "Mommy, we're too heavy to get blown away."

When we say nightly prayers, we are usually in Kade's room around his bed and Kaila has taken to sitting on the same side as me because she is a girl. After a few nights in a row of this, she came to sit next to me and Dave asked her why to which she replied, "I'm a girl!" Then after a couple seconds she got up and ran around to the other side of the bed where Dave was. He said, "But I thought you were a girl." She then stated matter-of-factly, "yes, I'm a girl, but I love boys too."

Kaila and Kade were running circles around the basement the other night and were slamming the one door they have to go through as they went. After about 10 times of this, I had had it. So when Kade came running around the corner, I sternly told him to "Stop with the door!" He just looked at me for a second before replying "Oooo Kaaay!" and then ran off as happy as could be.

I took Kaila to the doctor this week and they wanted a urine sample. I had made her go potty just before we went to the doctor, so she was really empty. The just said to take a cup with me and bring the sample back. She finally went later that evening when we were over to Dave's parents for dinner and a Wipe Out marathon. Before we left, she needed to go again so she went in the bathroom. After she sat down, though, she called out "Hurry mommy, bring the cup!!"

Yesterday we went to the Rock Loft with Nana and they had some really COOL halloween hats. We tried on a few, but Kaila really liked me in the one that looked like the one that Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty wears. At dinner when she was telling Dave about it, she said that I looked like "Leficent" and something, something "she poked her finger on the ferris wheel and fell down."

In the meantime, we got to go to Mom's company picnic at Lagoon and everyone but me (I was at Woodbadge) got to go to Dave's company picnic at the This is the Place park. Mom and I got asked if we were sisters. You look at the picture and let us know what you think. Dave and I took the kids to the Gateway museum on one of his Friday's off and it was great! There were hardly any people there. We rode the train down and ate at California Pizza Kitchen courtesy of L-3 in celebration of Dave's 5 years with the company. It was a really great day!

Oh yeah, and Kaila started preschool again and dance and tumbling. She is loving all of them and is even trying to read and write a lot more. Something else I forgot.....if you come to our house and try to find it by what it used to look like you will probably pass it. We had 2 trees out in our parking strip lose large portions and had to cut them completely down. The 3rd one we had to trim back a LOT because it had limbs that looked just like the ones that had fallen.

As far as the rest of us. Mom is on a major hunt for a good house still. Rhylie is loving ninth grade and especially being part of the show choir Rhapsody in Blue. She is going to audition for the school musical and hopes to do well. I don't remember if I posted that Dave has moved to full-time software development at work and is LOVING it, so sorry if this isn't new news. My grocery smarts classes are going well and I am enjoying teaching.

I recently was able to attend Woodbadge, an advanced training for Scout leaders. It was an incredible experience that I would encourage anyone in a scouting postion to attend! Of course the weather was super cooperative and we got rained on both weekends that we were there. It was also really, really cold the second weekend, but most everyone managed to stay warm. After the first night, the staff asked if everyone had stayed warm. There was one gal who wasn't afraid to say that she had been freezing. The next night when she got back to her tent, there were about 20 blankets waiting for her. :) The cooks quickly learned to offer me anything they had on hand and by the end of the course they were giving me sneak tastes of the meals to come. The food was SOOOOOOO yummy! Even the night we had to cook as a patrol, we had rice a' roni dinner, fresh corn on the cob from one of my patrol members' garden, and pineapple upside down cake. Just be forewarned, the mosquitos at scout camp are more vicious than the ones in the valley. I was so swollen on both hands, both knees, one ankle and one arm they had to send a staff member into town to get me some Benadryl and some better repellant (98% deet). It worked great!

It was a life-changing experience and has made me want to be not only a better leader, but a better person in general, especially a better mom. So if you don't hear from me as often on the computer, it's because I have made a goal to spend less time on the computer and more time playing with the kids. I also can not get on the computer until I have accomplished something for the day as far as keeping the house clean. I also have a goal to be up early and go out walking for about 5 minutes, to wake up and get the blood flowing to start my day. So please send me encouragement and ask how I am doing because if I know that someone is watching it will make it easier to stay on-task.

In other news, we gave up our last guinea pig because with everything that I now have going, I just didn't have the time to keep up with cleaning his cage as often as he needed it (he wasn't just Squeaky, he was REALLY stinky!) and getting him out of his cage as often as he needed to. He went to a good home, though, that had just lost a guinea pig they had had for 8 years.

So please enjoy the slide show of pictures that go with this update.

1 comment:

  1. That's what I said about camp mosquitos too! Sounds like you've been nice and busy. I hear ya there.
    I can't beleive how grown up Kaila looks! I know I just saw her but your pics make her look much more grown up!
    Good goals, stick to 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete