Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween treats and update on Kaila

So being the awesome mom that I am (*cough* NOT), I decided that for Kaila's preschool party I would make a cute treat. I was originally going to do Mummy pops, but then decided that would be too much work, so I came up with these. I have to give credit to Gourmet Mom on-the-Go (http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/) for the inspiration. She has a ton of fabulous ideas for treats and healthy snacks that kids will eat because they look good and fun, but are super easy to put together.

Anyway, with Mom and Dave's help these actually went together really fast and turned out soooooo cute!!



So in other news, for those of you who didn't know, Kaila had surgery on the 7th to remove a cyst on her right ovary that was about the size of a large egg. She had 3 laparoscopic cuts and one tiny C-section type cut. She was in the hospital for 3 days, but didn't really start to improve until we got home. Not even a week after her surgery I was having to tell her to slow down and not run and jump and climb, etc. I wish I could bounce back that quickly!! Anyway, all of her labs came back normal and her hormone levels are back to normal, so hopefully there won't be any repeats in the future (the Dr.'s say that the likelihood of recurrence is extremely minimal). Her steri-strips (the new alternative to stitches) have almost completely fallen off and she thinks her little pink marks are really cool!!

As for Kade, he is starting to use the potty!! Inconsistently, but still. He is also talking up a storm and repeating everything we say. He will even say the blessing on the food. He loves to sing and dance and act out scenes from movies. It's pretty hilarious to watch.

Oh I also forgot. Both Kaila and I got hair cuts. Hers is just adorable and mine is just a shorter version of what I have had, but I can style it like Meg Ryan from "You've Got Mail". I Love it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment