So Mom finally did it!! She chopped her hair. It looks really fabulous! Oh, so you probably all want to see pictures, huh? O.k. so here they are.
Before:
After:
O.k. not really, here is the real After picture.
Kaila says she doesn't like the new hair cut because it looks a little bit ugly, and that "she doesn't look like my Nana anymore."
And I had to show off my new toy. This is my Sun Oven with rolls rising getting ready to bake. It was kind of cloudy that day, so I couldn't bake the rolls in it, but still it was really fun!! However, the enchiladas and rice were both cooked in the sun oven, at the SAME time, and turned out FABULOUS!!!!
Kaila and Kade have been so cute as of late and playing together like they are best friends. The other morning this is what I found them doing.
And the other day this is what they were doing outside. This was after they were both swinging by hanging on to each other's swing chains, while Kaila provided the power to swing.
And this is what happens when you let Rhylie play with your hair. Although, it was nice having my hair played with.
Now for the funnies. We have been "quizzing" Kade a lot recently on different things. So one night we were asking who everyone at the table was. He was eating Ramen noodles, one of his staple meals, and had just asked for more. The noodles were kind of hot and I was blowing on them to cool them off. Then Mom asked who I was and he points to me and says "HOT!"
Then another night we were quizzing him on parts of the body. After successfully identifying most of the facial features, we asked him what a cheek is called. He promptly answers "Kiss!" probably because we are constantly asking him for kisses and pointing to our cheeks.
We went to help plant the neighborhood garden on Monday and both kids ended up needing to use the bathroom. The only one available was one of those port-a-potty Honey Buckets. Kaila was a little leary at first, but we got her taken care of. Kade would not even go in. I had to pick him up and take him in, but he still wouldn't go. I think he just wanted to check out the facilities like he does in EVERY store we go in. Anyway after, Mom and Rhylie were asking her about how it was and if it was stinky and if you could flush and if it was a really BIG one, to which she replied, "No it wasn't stinky (surprisingly it didn't smell half bad). No you don't flush." and for the last one "Yeah, Ogres go in there, ya know!"
In other news, Dave has been called to Federal jury duty, which is really weird because even his supervisor doesn't know of anyone who has ever been called to jury duty, let alone Federal jury duty. Rhylie got a full size vintage bed and dresser for her birthday which she loves! Dave and I picked out the mattress. Kade is talking in full sentences that are mostly understandable and is fully potty trained, well, except for nighttime, but that comes in time. It took Kaila a few months before she got the hang of that too. Kaila's dance recital is coming up and she knows almost the whole dance without having any help from anyone. I'll post her pictures later. Easter was a ton of fun and we had wonderful company for dinner.
O.k. my brain just stopped, so I will have to add more later.
2 weeks ago
Wow, Dawn, it looks great. It evens makes you look younger. Pam
ReplyDelete