Last night was the culmination of a huge effort and training that I attended back in August and September. I worked my tickets (5 goals that you set to complete within 18 months of the final day of the training course) and earned my neckerchief, beads and woggle (neckerchief slide). It was an amazing night and all but one of the members of my patrol were able to come to the ceremony (the one who couldn't attend is a Bishop and was in charge of a fireside). I decided to have the awarding done at our pack meeting, so all the boys in the pack were able to see a leader getting an award, which is something that is stressed as being important for the boys to see. It lets them know that their leaders are also working toward a goal and that they are trying to be the best they can be to help the boys achieve their goals.
Wood badge was a singular experience and I can't wait to be part of a staff and help share the knowledge and enthusiasm you gain in attending the training. It is definitely an experience that I would tell everyone, even if you aren't in scouting, to find time to do. What you learn can be applied to many areas of your life and help you be a better member of your family and community. So here are a few pictures of the event.
Gotta love the Ghetto tent!! This was only the 1st version. There were additional tarps added later in the day.
Gilwell field -symbolic of the first Gilwell field
My awesome patrol and guide (next to me on my left)
Hey, I was in the FOX patrol.
A cute message and treat from the Beaver patrol.
Scoutmaster Roger Rodak removing my "in-training" neckerchief.
Fellow patrol member Randy telling the boys about the ax and log.
Patrol guide Dawn putting on my beads and woggle.
Rhylie was out of school on Monday, so we went up to the Treehouse museum and Smith and Edwards. So here are some pictures of the fun.



How cool is that! You look great in your scout uniform! And your hair is really cute too! Looks like you are all doing well and keeping busy! :) Miss you all and say hi to your mom and Riley for me!
ReplyDelete