Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Still catching up - My Grandma and Grandpa & stuff

I couldn't resist adding this in because the picture turned out SOOOOOO GREAT!! This is my maternal grandma and grandpa. I know they don't look that old, but it runs in the family. He was born in 1924 and she was born in 1934. They are both wonderful examples of service and love and getting through hard times by relying on family. I think I am one of the grandchildren closest to them because I spent much of my growing up years at their home while my mom worked. (For the family--notice I say "I think". I won't be so bold as to even mention that I may be their favorite.....hee hee....just kidding.) They love every one of the One-hundred and thirteen, or fourteen, of us!! Grandma can always make you feel better, and Grandpa is always surprising you with a comment or doing something that just makes you smile despite how quiet he seems.

I do have to say that I am sure it was Grandma who taught us all the art of being able to scream at your kids and then answer the phone with a smile in your voice. Grandpa is definitely "the" source for all of my gardening questions and an inspiration to me to do better every year with my own. Needless to say, they are both still going strong, although perhaps a little bit slower and with a few more naps in-between, but still going strong.



Now for some random photos, that just don't need a blog post of their own.

 Kaila set this up and just HAD to have a photo of it.

 This is the snowman that we built out of the leftover snow before it all melted and there was none for a few weeks. We put it in the driveway because we wanted Dave to run it over when he came home. However, we had to have him go back out to run it over because he drove around it when he came home. It was rather entertaining watching him do it, though, because he hit it dead center!

1 comment:

  1. That IS a great shot of your grandparents! :) Your snowman in the driveway cracks me up, I'm with Dave, I would have driven around it.... lol!

    ReplyDelete