I had to record this somewhere before I could get rid of the envelope I wrote it on so I wouldn't forget.
A couple of weeks ago while driving somewhere, the following conversation ensued.
Kaila: I wish it was heaven already. I wish everybody died at the same time.
Me: (thinking that was kind of disturbing) Why?
Kaila: So it could be the resurrection right now!
Me: (huge sigh of relief!) That would be kind of nice, wouldn't it.
As for news, we are all doing well. Kaila and Kade are both rocking their school work and dance for Kaila and tumbling for Kade. They have started earning allowances for completing chores. If they don't do a chore for the day they lose 5 cents. So far they are doing really well and the house is staying cleaner, since that is one of their chores.
Flyn is getting into EVERYTHING!! He mastered the art of the army crawl about a month and a half ago, but now he's finally figured out crawling and getting better everyday.
I am in such a different place than I was a year ago. I am WAY more calm and feel so much better about myself. I have discovered a system to help our household be more calm and loving and it is WORKING!!! I got a book called "Teaching Self-Government" by Nicholeen Peck. Her system is AMAZING. No more yelling, screaming, pleading, etc. The kids are even starting to pick up on self-governing their behaviors and it is soooooooo wonderful!!
Dave is still at L-3 and generally loving what he does. He gets excellent reviews and people who work with him say he does awesome work. He just wishes he had more time to play and with the new system in our house, he is starting to get more.
So how about a few pictures:
Look! It's the Axiom from Wall-E!
Such a cute hat! But how about Kade falling off the ball in the background?
We love Aunt Rhylie, who gave us these shirts.
How about that igloo? Only about 3 or 4 more layers to be done.
Of course, the last layers never did get done because it got too cold,
then it was too snowy and icey,
and now it has melted.
Kaila's hair for "Crazy hair day". I was going for a firework kind of look.
Howdy, howdy, howdy! This baby LOVES Woody!
And finally, here is what you do when you are trying to figure out how high to hang
your TV with a wall mount -- you find a piece of cardboard about the same size
and attach it to the wall mount so you can see how the actual TV will look and how
it will move when placed in the different studs available.
Flyn looks like a Harvey! :) Glad things are going well- always good to hear!
ReplyDelete