Well, the holidays are almost over, but it feels like they ended yesterday because Dave had to go back to work today. But, I decided last night that I need to be more positive and look for the good things about everyday and the memorable events yet to come. So today I am looking forward to celebrating Viv's (Dave's mom) birthday.
Christmas was wonderful and fun and I have to say that I am grateful that my prayers were heard. I prayed that the storm would split or be blown to bits so that we wouldn't have to drive in the snow. At least in Layton, we didn't get any snow until 7 pm. Kaila was so fun this year and enjoyed every present that she opened. She got a digital camera and as soon as we got it out she started snapping pictures of EVERYTHING!! We have pictures of the floor, the counter, her fingers, etc.....Of course it doesn't take very many pictures, but it works for her and we can delete all the ones not worth saving. Oh and if you are thinking it was super expensive, it wasn't! I looked into the kid-proof cameras that are almost as expensive as the kind you would buy for yourself and none of them had very good reviews. So we went with a $10 el-cheapo. It has a tiny preview screen and is kid-proof enough for her.
Something kind of cute I didn't get to post on Christmas Eve, Kaila was watching Snow White and it came to the part where the dwarves are crying over her after she took the bite of apple. It showed Dopey and, I think it was Doc, but Kaila said "Awww. Happy's sad." Just a funny statement because it of the opposite.
Well, I have a messy house and lots to do, so we'll end this post for today.
5 days ago
I'm sorry its already dark and depressing and endless snow. Yes, look for the bright side, count the little blessings, find joy in the little thigns that excite the kids.
ReplyDelete;) And good luck!