Friday, December 19, 2008

Our first blog post



Since I finally created this, I had to post at least one thing to it to get us going. I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but just haven't had the time to do so. Mainly I wanted to do this so that I could share all the funny stuff that happens during the day at home with everyone because Kaila sure does some funny things and now that Kade is mobile and trying to walk he's getting in on the action.

Like, whenever Kaila is using the potty, he just HAS to be in the bathroom and standing right next to her while holding onto the toilet. EWWW!!! That is just gross! Not that I don't clean the bathroom, but still.....I found him in there the other day all by himself just as happy as a lark pounding on the top of her potty seat which is on the big toilet. So, I've now started closing the bathroom door.

Something else that happened just this morning, I was in the sitting room (front of the house) where the Christmas tree is and Kade was with me. He tried to get the lolly pop ornament off the tree, but I told him no and he stopped and went for something else on the floor. The phone rang and I had to go get it. By the time I got back, he had managed to grab one of the glass balls off the tree and was trying to eat it. Of course, I freaked out and took it away, but noticed that the color on the outside of the ball was coming off!! I freaked out even more and then had to swab his mouth out, which he didn't like at all, but luckily there was no blue in his mouth. Thank heaven!!

Kaila turns 3 on Sunday. I just can't believe it has been that long, but I still need to remember sometimes that she is still very little. It is just so frustrating when she won't answer a question that you ask. But I guess that is just normal for her because I have found that she often doesn't know how to answer. Oh, just a few stats......She is now 27 lbs (14th %), and 38.5" tall (79th %) with a 65th % head circumference. So she's still tall and skinny.

Kade on the other hand is bigger than she was when she was a year old, and threatening to be much bigger than her in just a few short months. He is just so eager to follow her around and be up doing whatever you are doing that he's trying to do things I think before he's really ready--like walking. Oh well, they can't stay little forever, so like Pres. Monson said last conference, enjoy every moment of their life before it is too late.

Hmmm that kind of sounds like a thought for the day. Maybe I will do that in each post if I can.....have an uplifting thought or something profound (ha ha), embedded in the post.

Well, I better get some lunch and get moving on the day. Happy reading everyone, but don't be surprised if posts aren't very frequent at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment