Thursday, November 19, 2009

I don't wanna grow up.....

Boy, sometimes I wish that was true. I would love for my kids to stay small and innocent, but not. And sometimes I wish that I was young, unfettered by worries, carefree, the world is my playground, you know....

Anyway, I know I promised Halloween stuff, but I haven't had time to plug in the camera card. This is just a quick update post on a few of the fun things Kaila and Kade have been up to.

Kaila got some fake tattoos from her primary teacher on Halloween and discovered them the other day. I asked if she wanted on and she said yes, but decided shortly after I started pressing it on her hand that she didn't. I asked if she wanted me to do it instead and she said yes, so I showed her how it worked. Later, she was talking about the two-toots to Daddy. "Daddy needs a two-toot too!" Oh, you mean a tat-too? "yeah, a, a, a, ta-ttoo."

Kaila was downstairs with Nana the other night and Nana was asking her about the room where she is currently staying. She was asking/telling Kaila that when she is older that she'll want to stay in that room and move her bed down there. Kaila kept insisting that "No, I not!!" Finally, Nana said, "Yes, you will when you grow up, you will want to move down to this room." Kaila very vehemently replied, "I don't wanna grow up!!"

We were watching the previews on one of the videos we have and Bambi II came up. Mom and I started discussing how we didn't think that we had ever even rented it, when Kaila pipes in that we didn't need to rent it because Grandma and Grandpa have it!! (Bob and Viv have quite a collection of DVD's, but I don't think they have this one. Usually, though if we don't have it they do.)

Kaila has just started doing butterfly kisses the past few evenings. Her version of this is to get really close to you with her eyes and blink as fast as she can so it feels like butterfly wings on your face.

Just last night it was my turn for family prayer, so I started saying it. Kaila usually sits on Dave's lap and she was there last night too. He is still getting over a pretty bad cold or flu or whatever, but in the middle of the prayer he coughed briefly. I didn't hear it but Kaila turned to him and petulantly declared "Don't get me sick!!"

Kade has decided that he really likes Baby MacDonald. The great thing is that he has started saying the words along with the video and making the animal noises. He really likes the rooster and crows pretty well.

He also knows how to shut the garage and today he showed me that he even knows when to turn off the light. He knows that the light won't shut off until the door is completely closed. Another first today, he didn't cry at all when I left him with Kaila's friend Gracie's mom so I could take the girls to preschool. YEA!!! Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment