It's time for another "wisdom of youth" post. We've had too many funnies recently to not put on here, so here goes.
Kade has been sort-of potty training, but I had to take it to the extreme about a week ago because he had such bad diaper rash that his poor little bum was bleeding and trying to wipe him was like wrestling a bear. One night at dinner I was explaining to Mom why he was wearing underwear all the time because of the rash. I told her that he had little fissures it was so bad. Then Rhylie pipes up and and said "Like little men who catch fish?" Needless to say, both Mom and I gave her that look.....you know the one I am talking about....the one where you just can't believe someone said something like that and you are so dumbfounded and disgusted at the same time you just don't know what to say.....yeah, that look. Then we all had a good laugh because it was just so absurd.
Yesterday after dance class we went back to Grandma Cannon's to pick up Kade and for Kaila to have her very first piano lesson with Grandma. Before we left it started raining really hard outside and I pointed this out to the kids. Then we got ready to leave and the rain had almost stopped. As we walk outside, Kaila says, "Thank you Jesus!" Then after I got the kids in the car she said, "O.k. Jesus you can stop holding the rain now." What? "I asked Jesus to stop the rain, so now he can stop holding it." Because we are in the car? "Yes."
Today on the way to take Kaila to preschool, we passed the road where we would turn to go to her preschool from last year and she asked, "Kade is going to go out there? Way out there to preschool?" Yes, to your old preschool. "Oh." then to Kade "Do you like cheese balls?" with that inflection in her voice like she really wasn't sure what his answer would be. Her favorite snack at that preschool was the cheese balls that came in a giant plastic container. Every time we got to Sam's club and we pass the product she yells out "CHEEESE BALLLS!!" Then she asked him "Do you like crackers?"
And on a really happy note, I entered a giveaway on the Gourmet Mom On-the-go blog and I actually won!! I sent in a bunch of pictures showing the little groundhog picture that she had on the post. This is the one that won. You could send in as many pictures as you wanted and each one counted as an entry. Then she just used randomizer.org to pick the entry. So the picture itself didn't win, but it was the entry that was picked. YEA!!
5 days ago
ha, congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteI just posted a funny from Hunter too!
Cool! So, what did you win?
ReplyDelete