Monday, February 28, 2011

The wisdom of youth

Just had a few minutes and needed to share a few things.

A few days ago at dinner, Kade wasn't eating and so Mom said she was going to eat it. Of course, Kade objected and took another bite. Kaila on the other hand adamantly stated, "Nana, you don't steal food! You don't steal food. You don't steal cats. You don't steal other people's dogs, like from their house....." She had a whole list of things that you don't steal that was pretty funny.

She came to me yesterday morning and said the "who-mid-ifier" was off so it was time to get up. We run an air purifier every night in the foyer to mask the morning noises of those who have to leave before the kids wake up.

Kade has been quite eloquent lately and will surprise you with really long sentences sometimes. Like last night at dinner, he put is foot up on the table and said, "I get my piggies on the table!" This is really good because most of the time he just repeats what you say to him.

I found this one written in a notebook that I keep in my purse so I don't forget some of the things that the kids say or do when we are out and about. Anyway, this was from Mother's Day last year. I was asking Kaila what she wanted to get me for Mother's day. A new vacuum? No! A new brother or sister? (just trying to gauge her reaction, not that we were even thinking about it!!) And take Kade back. Where?! To the baby store.

I think it was last week that I was doing something in the kitchen and the kids were playing happily together. Although, when I realized what it was they were doing I was a little upset. They had cleaned out all of the toy bins in Kade's room and thrown the toys over the railing down the stairs. When I made them both go down there to clean it up, Kaila starts up the stairs with an armload of toys and states, "We are wild kids and you be crazy." Yep, that about sums it up!!


 Kaila is combing Kade's hair.

 Kaila dancing on stage with Aunt Rhylie at the end of Footloose.

Please notice the shoes....Kade has to do EVERYTHING that Kaila does...guess this includes dressing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment