Sunday, February 28, 2010

The wisdom of youth #6

Just a few things that Kaila has mentioned recently. "Mommy, I want to go see the Princess and the Frog again at the movie Heater."

For those of you who know Layton and are familiar with Antelope drive, you know that there is a huge dip when your are heading east. For those of you not familiar with this, just think ski slope and uphill both ways. As we started going down the one side of the dip, we all started "Wheeee"ing. Then Kaila says, "It's just like a Holey coaster. A Big Hole-er Coaster."

She still can't quite say another and it ends up coming out Knee-mer. Don't know how she came up with that, but it's cute.

Coming home from our outing yesterday, we drove past the Davis Conference Center and Kaila screams out "The FLU Shot. The Flu Shot!!" In early December, we went there to get our H1N1 shots. Funny thing is, just the previous day she had gotten her booster at her 4-year-old check up. (Yeah, I know, I'm a little late on that, but oh well.) She opted to get the shot in her arm and didn't even cry. Then after she said that it didn't even hurt and keeps telling us that she got the "regular flu shot".

Kade has started saying a lot more words and will repeat things back to you. The other day he asked Nana "Where is she?" in reference to where Rhylie was. He also finally said a letter B word and clearly pronouced "Bus." Then he tried to say the rest of the little saying that we always say with Bus - "A bus. A bus. A B-U-S." So I don't know if that counts as his first word that he can spell, but I'm pretty amazed anyway! He has also started saying "please" with regularity and will say it and give you a "skeez" (squeeze) and a kiss when he wants something. The other day he was playing with Rhylie's Bop-It and it said something like, "you've got to try harder" and Kade answered back with "Okay."

He is just becoming such a little boy, it's almost sad. Last night he picked up a whole gallon of milk in one hand and a whole gallon of orange juice in the other and tried to walk about a foot toward me. He ended up falling down, but still.......good grief!! He also loves to help with the washer. Anytime we put clothes in, he has to be right there to help you push the buttons and load the clothes and close the door. All the while he sings with the sounds the washer makes when you push the buttons. He also sings with it when it finishes (LG's play a little song to let you know they are done). For my birthday, I got a huge card from Bob and Viv that plays the Star Wars theme when you open it. It's like surround sound in a card because you can feel it playing when you open the card. Kade Loves it and will sing with it when it plays too.

Oh this is pretty funny. We got a new couch and loveseat and sold our old ones. When the people came to take away our old couches, here's what happened.




Kade also started to cry when they took them out, but both kids were very happy the next morning when these were delivered.



Something else kind of cute. I finally decided to get rid of my blanket from when I was little. Kaila said "no, you can't throw away your snuggly!" I showed her the rips in it and the stained spots and said that it was time to throw it away. "NOoooooo!" Well, I finally said, "let's say goodbye to mommy's snuggly." and threw it in the garbage. The next morning, after we had thrown in a lot more garbage, she looks in the can and asks, "Where's your snuggly?" I told her that it had gone to the dump to rest. "Oh, o.k."

No comments:

Post a Comment