I know it has been a while since I posted, but life has been hectic and so many things are going on. We are getting new carpet, a few new windows, and rough finishing the basement (we have framed the outer walls and put up insulation, then after this weekend we will be able to put up sheetrock. we have to wait until the final 2 rooms have the rest of their walls.) Plus we had the pinewood derby just last night. Our car that we designed for the Elder's quorum party last year came in 12th out of 17. Not too bad. We also won the "Tallest Cub Scout" award. Ha ha. Kaila had so much fun that this morning she wanted to "Race car again."
Anyway, to the meat of the entry and the reason for the title......Kaila discovered a couple days ago that her electric Thomas trains and hair Do NOT go together. I was lucky to get her hair unraveled from the wheel without having to cut it. There was still a handful that got ripped out, though.
Kade that same day discovered that the toilet paper unrolls and that it is FUN to unroll it!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!! We usually keep the bathroom door shut, but when you are in there helping Kaila, he has to be in there too.
Today I discovered that Kaila was paying attention in Driver's Ed. Oh wait! She hasn't had driver's ed yet, so I don't quite know where she came up with this. I was driving to go pick up mom to go to the chiropractor and I needed to stop and get gas. I called Dave on my cell to see if he had left me the discount card for the gas station I was headed for, so I was driving with one hand. Kaila then yells from the back seat "Two hands!!" It was hilarious.
Something else I discovered today was that Kaila is afraid of spiders, or other bugs that look like spiders. Today is garbage day and she LOVES to watch the garbage truck pick up the trash. Kade needed a diaper change, so we were in his room and I heard the truck coming. I opened up the blinds and made it so that both kids could look out the window. I then went to wash my hands and left the kids to watch for the garbage truck. Kaila then started not screaming, but doing the "ahhhhhhh" constant kind of wailing and running through the house trying to find me. When she finally came into our bathroom she screamed a little more and then said, "Scary spider!!" I just burst out laughing because I knew exactly what she was talking about. When I had opened up the blinds I noticed that there was a dead bug on the windowsill, but left it there until I could get a tissue. I asked her to show me where the "scary spider" was and she almost wouldn't even go in Kade's room. It was so funny, but I can't wait until there is an actual live spider crawling toward her sometime. Oh boy, won't that be fun!
Something else she did today in an attempt to be obedient was switching her feet. We asked her to put on her shoes so we could go to the store, but she put them on the wrong feet. I told her to switch her feet, but I meant shoes and she usually understands and does it. This time, though, she just crossed her legs and switched her feet. So smart or maybe it's just difficult.
Thought for the day: When you are having a hard time with anxiety or the like, find a rock you like, put it in your pocket or somewhere you can look at it, and then everytime you feel it or see it, think of something you are grateful for.
5 days ago
I love your suggestion for the day.
ReplyDeleteOk that made me cringe as soon as I read Thomas/hair.... yikes! Fortuantly we haven't run into that problem yet. And yes, smart girl to tell you to use two hands! :)