Saturday, January 10, 2009

Too long!!

O.k. So I thought that spending 5 minutes a day wouldn't be that hard to spend on the computer blogging, but I guess I was wrong. UGH!! There is so much that has happened since the last post that I decided I better get on here, despite the late hour, and write this stuff down.

So for Kaila, the other day she picked Kade up under his arms and helped him to stand and proudly proclaimed, "I DID it!!" She has also taken to telling him to, "Come on. Follow me," and then runs around and around the kitchen and living room. He then crawls after her as fast as he can, but usually ends up sitting and watching her run around. She did something else cute a few days back and I was going to put it on the blog, but I can't remember what it was. She's just gotten to that really cute-in-all-that-she-does stage, at least when she is not being an ornery, stubborn "I DO IT!!" child.
Today, though she did a couple of really cute things. First, this morning she came down the hall calling, "Wand? Where are you?" She has a habit of calling out to her toys and asking where they are. It is really quite funny. She went into her bedroom, though, and found her wand, "Wah-nd! What're you hiding in jammies?!" Apparently the wand was hiding under her jammies on her bed.

The other cute thing she did was when she fell asleep. I'll let the picture do all the telling.


Kade on the other hand is just the cutest bundle of fun, except, of course, when he is being ornery and a cling-on and wanting all the attention. He is still pulling himself up to stand and getting into EVERYthing!! But now he is so balanced that he will actually stand all by himself, if you let go and he doesn't realize it, or when he lets go of whatever he is holding onto. As soon as he realizes, though, that he doesn't have a hold of something, he will either crouch down and sit, or frantically grab for something to hold on to. Today, he showed he is a true boy. We have a red porche model size car that actually rolls. I found him crawling around the kitchen and living room (by the way our kitchen and living room are one big room and we now have it arranged so that you can go around the island in the kitchen and the couch in the living room in a figure-8 if you want to) with the car in one hand, pushing it and making a growling kind of car sound. It was sooooo cute I grabbed the video camera. (I'll have to figure out how to post video later.) Then this evening, he stood up behind his big mega blocks dump truck and was pushing it around the living room!!! He's done this before with help from me or Dave, but never by himself.

Well, I guess the title matches the entry......too long. So I better go and I will try harder to blog every day or two.

1 comment: