Monday, January 19, 2009

Kade's first step

Kade took his first step on Saturday!! Yea, but also YIKES!! We think he will be a lot happier when he'll be able to chase Kaila around the house instead of just crawling after her, so yea. However, he's just too little to be walking yet, so YIKES. Today he took 2 steps together, so he'll probably be walking within a month, not very well, but he'll do it.

Today, well, pretty much any day when Dave has been gone to work, Kade will have nothing to do with Mommy when he gets home. Today, he stood at Dave's feet kind of "uh. uh. uh." because he wanted to be picked up. I had to help because Dave still had to take off his shoes, and put his coat away, but Kade fought to get back to Daddy. When Dave finally did pick him up, he immediately gave him kisses. Of course, his kisses aren't quite perfected yet, so you usually get a face full of slobber because he opens his mouth and then kisses you. Then we both said "Awww." and he did it again!!! NO FAIR. Daddy is the only one who gets kisses. I asked for a kiss and he wouldn't do it. So Dave got a total of 5 kisses for coming home.

I did end up getting a few kisses later because Kade grabbed my face and I said, "Ow!" so he gave me kisses to make it feel better.

Ooo. Something else, the other night we asked him if he was all done eating and we swear he said "Duh." Then we asked him, if he wanted his milk and again he answered with what we think was "yah." So crazy!! It sometimes sounds like he says Kaila too. He's just trying to grow up too fast, but he still has his moments when he needs his mommy to snuggle him.

The thought for today, though, comes from something I was thinking about earlier because I am tired of being a nervous person and constantly worrying about one thing or another that may or may not come to pass. So I decided that I need to enjoy every moment and take life as it comes.

Oh. Something else really cool, we have all the exterior walls in our basement framed and we have put in almost the entire family room's insulation!! I have pictures that I will have to post later because it is super late and I am SO tired and the camera is too far away to go and get out (across the room). Ha ha. We are probably going to have Justin (my cousin) come back and finish framing in the two rooms and then we'll put up drywall on all the exterior walls. It is SOOOO much warmer down there now and we can't wait to finish it, well at least get the drywall up.

1 comment:

  1. hee hee, sounds like fun!
    He's not too little. Isn't he nearly 1? Hunter started talking at 8m but didn't try to walk til the week after his birthday. Sienna was walking at 9m (actively!) and didn't start to talk til just after her birhtday. :)

    ReplyDelete