O.k. so the first. This last week was spring break for the kids, so I decided if I had enough of my scouts that were going to be in town we would go up to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. The theme this month is "Jurassic Pack." Anyway, combining with the wolf den (6 boys), we ended up with enough to make the trip a go. I thought Kaila would really have fun and enjoy seeing the dinosaurs, so she got to tag along. However, when we finally got up there I had the darnedest time trying to get her anywhere near ANY of the displays. She kept saying, "Dinosaurs EAT me!" Try explaining to a toddler that they aren't real when they move and make noise. Funny side note, I had a hard time getting any of the scouts to stand next to the fence of the robotic display too. My co-den leader had to finally walk over to the fence and say "I'll stand here" before any of the boys would join her. The first picture is of Kaila about 10 feet away from the fence--the closest I could get her to go while holding her in place with my one hand so I could take the picture. The one with her next to the triceratops skull was the best, but I had to touch it and show her that it was o.k.
Now for the danger. Kade has absolutely no sense of danger, especially when it comes to stairs. He thinks he can tackle the stairs like he sees us do, but of course he is too little to do so yet. Anyway, I went downstairs to put together the wagon he got for his birthday so we could go for walk. I didn't move the playpen to block the stairs and while I was looking at the directions he escaped to the stairs. He loves to climb them, but doesn't understand that you have to keep facing forward and will stop and turn around. Well, we have one step and then a landing before the rest of the steps to go upstairs. He had gotten up to the landing and decided to come back down, but he tried to come down facing forward instead of on his belly, so he tumbled off the 1 step. As I have mentioned previously, he is rarely ever without something clutched in one of his hands, so by the picture can you tell what he had in his hand when he fell? I found him with both hands on the floor and his feet on the 1 step.
It was a spoon from Kaila's tea set, if you haven't guessed yet. Needless to say, we bought a gate for the bottom of the stairs that night. We had been meaning to get one, but I always forgot to put it on the list so we wouldn't forget to get one. Right after comforting him and taking the picture, I put it on the list.
I really worry about him sometimes because Kaila was SO aware of danger and heights and falling and was always really careful. Perhaps that is the reason we had to bribe her with chocolate to get her to walk and why Kade started walking at 9.5 months. Hmmmm. I have been told, though, that he is just a normal boy, so hopefully that is it.



Seriously, that's why there is (or at least was last April) a warning on those stairs up to that display! LOL. Sienna didn't see that part but was FREAKED OUT by the ones outside! She still talks about the scary dinosaurs, all the random time! Oy... *wink*
ReplyDelete