Sunday, April 26, 2009

Kade's birthday

O.k. so now we finally get to Kade's birthday and stats. His birthday was actually on the day of Grandma and Aunt Veon's big 75th birthday celebration, so we celebrated the next day (Easter). So instead of the traditional ham and funeral potatoes, we had spaghetti and garlic bread, which is one of his favorite meals. Luckily, too, we have church early enough so that I was able to bake the cake before church and decorate it after.

Like I said in a previous post, we didn't get any pictures of him during his party, but some of the cake and a couple of the kids. So instead of pictures enjoy the video.

Anyway, he loved his dinner and ate a ton, so I think that is why he didn't dive into his cake, but then again, Kaila wouldn't even touch her first birthday cake, so......He didn't quite know what to do with the cake when we set it in front of him, but finally decided to test it out. Whenever he encounters something new he tends to touch it with his thumb and first finger and then kind of rubs it a few times. He did this with the cake and I had to finally put some on a spoon and give him a bite before he really decided that it was o.k. to eat. Even then, he really didn't get very messy and destroy his cake. Dave and I ended up eating the rest of his cake later in the week --everyone else had cupcakes.

He loved all of his presents and is having a ball with all of them.....in fact, he got a ball from Kaila, an outfit, new shoes, a wagon and a power wheels from us, a little piano from Grandma and pa Cannon, a cool little red car from Grandad and mom and Uncles Price, a set of cars and an cute outfit from Nana, a fun ball popper, pool toys, and foam soccer ball from Aunt Rhylie, and a wooden tools puzzle. When we opened the puzzle, he prompty took the hammer out and started pounding on everything. Everytime he passes the piano, he stops and plays a tune.

O.k. now for the pictures. Enjoy! By the way, I am rather proud of how his cake turned out. Notice the little engineer in the window?






1 comment:

  1. Updates are fun!
    He is such a cutie! How did I miss that he was born so close to the 13th...? Oh well. That is an awesome cake- you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete