Saturday, April 25, 2009

A few funnies

A few days ago after dinner Kaila wanted Dave to pick her up and hold her, so he did. A few minutes later she asked, "Holding my bum?" When Dave holds either of the kids he generally uses both arms and pokes out his belly to rest his arms on. So he replied, "yes". It was just cute.

I guess falling asleep in the car doesn't just apply to the cars driven by licensed drivers. Kade got a power wheels for his birthday (I know I still need to post the pictures and details about that, but I've been busy) -- well, it was for both kids, but since it was his birthday.......anyway.....Kaila is the designated driver since his feet can't reach the pedal and he Certainly can't steer -- not that Kaila is much better, but at least she can reach the steering wheel. On one of the nicer days this past week, they went out for a drive while I tried to mow the lawn, which was beginning to look like a small jungle. Anyway, they drove down toward the corner. When I lose sight of them behind the fence of the house on the corner, I go to turn them around. So I found them almost to the corner and Kade was slumped forward and completely asleep!!! Lucky I added the harnesses and buckles. I couldn't believe it and couldn't get Kaila to keep pushing the pedal fast enough to get him home. I ended up helping the car along while trying to keep Kaila going straight and holding Kade up so he wasn't completely hunched over. What a sight I must have been for the neighbors.

Since Dave and I got married the first of May and this year the gift is supposed to be something iron, we got each other bicycles. I know, kind of a stretch on the iron, but we figured close enough. We have not ridden in a very, VERY long time and have never had bikes during the whole of our marriage. When we got them home a couple nights ago, of course we had to try them out. I got on mine and attempted to pedal down the driveway, but wasn't too successful and looked ridiculous trying to hold my balance. Well, I guess Kade thought I looked Hilarious because he just stared to chuckle!!! How RUDE -- just kidding, but I didn't think it was very nice of him.

Finally, just yesterday we were watching Wallace and Grommet's "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" and it came to the part where Wallace transforms into the giant rabbit and pounds his chest and howls. Well, Kaila and I started to pound our chests and howl too. Kade had to get in on the action somehow, so he started to pound on my chest too. He just loves to do whatever we are doing and stuff like this has started happening a lot. He is just getting more and more fun, though. And Kaila is just getting to be so grown up!! Sometimes she just amazes us with the things she says.

Well, it is late and time for bed, so hopefully, if I get a good night's sleep (both Kaila and Kade have colds, but Kade is still in the early stages), I will get around to posting about his birthday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment