Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A few things

Just a few quick things before a string of updates.....again!

Every time we braid Kaila's hair and leave it in overnight, when we take it out the next day she says, "I, Rhylie." Don't know why, but I guess Rhylie's hair has been fuzzy often enough that Kaila associates fuzzy hair with her.

I will have to post some video of Kaila during conference. I couldn't resist taking the video because she set up her own pulpit -- one of the kitchen bar stools and her step stool (she tried to use the little car at first, but then Kade decided he wanted to push it around) -- and then proceeded to give a talk. She was repeating everything she heard that Pres. Eyering was saying. Here's a picture.



Anyway, as for Kade, he has taken to walking around the house with one hand behind his back. I haven't been able to get a picture of it, but it is really cute. He usually only does this when he doesn't have something in the other hand.

He has also started to say "Oh," a lot. He will just keep going and going and his little cheeks sink in so that he looks like the Charlie Brown kids when they sing "ooooo". O.k. so I know the picture is a little out of focus and this isn't quite him saying "Ohhhhhhh," but it is close.



His biggest accomplishment recently, though, is that he learned how to drink from a straw!! Yea!! Now if we don't have a sippy available at least we can still get him a drink.

As for Dave and I, still the same. We have two more pieces of drywall to put up and all of the insulation will be covered. Then we will only have one interior wall to do, around the windows, the bedroom closet except the wall it shares with the bathroom, finish the small pieces around the storage door, and two pieces on the under-stairs closet wall. O.k. so that sounds like a ton, but really it's just a lot of little pieces.

2 comments:

  1. aww, kids are cute. I lvoe her talk. Sienna pretends to give talks with her "microphone" (which is actually part of a plastic shelving unit...) except that she walks around the house while doing so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun pictures, I love that Kaila was repeating the conference talks, and Kade is so adorable as usual.

    ReplyDelete