Friday, March 27, 2009

Catch up #3

Thanks for the suggestions. For any of you who haven't added a suggestion yet, feel free to. Well, the Dr. actually suggested the www.mypyramid.gov website. You input your weight and age and it gives you your own personal pyramid guide for either maintaining or getting to a more healthy weight. Of course I put in that I needed to get to a more healthy weight and here is what is suggested I eat everyday:

7 oz of grains (1 slice of bread is approx. equal to 1 oz)
3 cups of vegetables
2 cups of fruits (make most choices fruit, not juice)
3 cups of milk (1.5 oz cheese = 1 cup milk)
6 oz of meat and beans (1 egg, 1TBS of peanut butter, 1 oz meat of course)
no more than 6 TBS of fats, oils or sweets and no more than 290 solid calories

According to the chart this is approximately a 2200 calorie diet!!! Most of the daily values are based on 2000 calories, so I must be doing something wrong because I don't think I even get close and I eat all day long!!

So now any suggestions for getting all of this food into me in one day would be helpful.

Now as promised, the basement progress pictures.



















































I can't resist adding a couple more cute pictures too. The one of Kade is from the other night when Dave and I went downstairs to do the drywall in the picture with the step stool. I came back upstairs and found him COVERED in something. Quickly running through the house and my mind as to what it could be, I noticed that there was some crusted to his pants. When I picked it off I realized what it was. Earlier in the day I had knocked his banana cookies on the floor and, yep, that's what it was. He must have eaten at least 5 AND when he was done he put back a small piece that he had chewed on. EW!!!

The other 2 pics are of Kaila's new swim suit. She earned it by staying dry and making it to the potty. It is SOOO adorable.



1 comment:

  1. Well then maybe ifyou eat with both hands, you'll get the calories you need...lol!
    Your kids are both so grown up and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete